| Role/Responsibilities: |
Individual will work closely with Senior Analysts in monitoring and analyzing a portfolio of rated companies in the basic commodity sectors. Individual will contribute to writing of company in-depth reports, quarterly publications and prepare materials for conferences & briefings. Individual will source and analyze quantitative and qualitative information under direction of analysts and MD. Produce analytical summaries of the data upon request. Prepare rating recommendations & monitor portfolios as directed. Conduct ad-hoc projects as needed and devise, construct and maintain computer databases of information on companies followed by team.
- Assisting lead analyst in preparing rating recommendation memo. Involves gathering data, preparing graphs, etc. for rating committee presentation.
- Monitoring quantitative and qualitative portfolio data.
- Solid understanding of financial statements and application of Moody's methodologies in order to generate scorecards or financial models, as applicable.
- Updating and preparing draft issuer comments, press releases, credit opinions and analyses that require minimal editing.
- Preparing charts, tables and peer comparisons for research and/or presentation materials. End product will require shaping and directing from senior analyst.
- Tracking news wires daily and flagging relevant items/developments regarding portfolio issuers or industries.
- Performs administrative tasks for, among other things, portfolio reviews and regulatory compliance
Corporate Finance Group - Basic Industries
- MBA or equivalent preferred, progress toward CFA is helpful.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to write and present effectively.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and facility with other systems.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.