Overview and Responsibilities
The SVP of FPA serves as a key member of the financial leadership at Viacom, reporting to the head of Financial Operations and supporting the CFO. The SVP is responsible for overseeing a financial planning organization that has a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers, at the consolidated Viacom and the operational levels, that enables the team to deliver insightful, value-added analysis across the company.
- Provide financial and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations and cash flow analysis.
- Spearhead the Company’s financial quarterly reforecast, annual budgeting process and operating plan variance analysis.
- Provide weekly and as-needed financial performance updates to drive business decisions.
- Responsible for setting the planning cycle for the entire company, maintaining the systems that support this cycle and managing the deliverables from each of the operating groups.
- Play a crucial role in earnings release preparation by providing short-term and long-term guidance to Investor Relations and reviewing draft release materials as a member of the Disclosure Committee.
- Prepare company-wide compensation analysis, including STIP, commissions and fringe benefits. Working with the CAO, s/he prepares STIP calculated payouts, proposed budget STIP grids and other analytical materials for the Compensation Committee.
Key relationships include the Controller’s Group, M&A, Investor Relations, Treasury and the lead finance contacts at each of the operating groups. The Corporate FPA team is a team of 6, and is led by a VP.
- Supervise a VP and a team of 5 that provides support to the centralized Corporate departments, including Legal, Finance, Technology, HR and Ad Sales, representing a $1bn expense base and 1,000 head count.
- The SVP and the team provide financial guidance to the department heads, prepare budgets and estimates and perform variance analysis.
Media & Technology Services
- The SVP manages a VP and a team of 10 that supports the global technology organization (MTS), with an expense base of $1bn and 1,000 employees. The MTS finance team is matrixed, with a dual report to the CTO. The team is embedded within the MTS organization, providing both financial and operational analysis, including capital investments & project analysis.