| New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset managers. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the company's six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the company's third party assets. |
We are one of the largest commercial real estate investors in the United States, with nearly $50 billion invested in the sector. We have an opening for an employee from entry level through 3 years of experience in commercial real estate, for Spring 2017. This position involves the making of loans and the purchasing of equity real estate, with a typical transaction size in the $30-$400 million range. The candidate will be teamed with more experienced originators and acquisition officers for each transaction.
We offer a fantastic opportunity to develop a career in commercial real estate investments, advancement opportunities, competitive compensation (base salary plus incentive bonus), a flexible benefits program, 401(k) with company match, a tuition assistance program and other attractive benefits. Our environment is collegial and team oriented and we seek someone that values that. Many of our staff have built long successful careers with our firm. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Skills: Modeling and investment analysis is the core of the job. The successful candidate should be facile with math. They must be a strong writer and verbal communicator that is good with people. Experience with or classwork involving commercial real estate are strong positives. Skills or types of experience that would be helpful are:
* Equity real estate acquisitions
* Lending experience, other otherwise understanding of how a loan is structured
* Commercial real estate valuation
* Modeling in Excel or ARGUS
The right person has useful experience or training but is still near the front end of their real estate career, is interested in investing and finance, has drive to succeed, a verifiable record of being a hard worker, enjoys working cooperatively on a team, is outgoing, and is good at forming solid and durable interpersonal relationships.
A four-year B.A. degree is required. Success at school and standardized tests will be considered. A major or successful coursework in an analytical fields such as math, physics, finance, economics, engineering, accounting, etc. will be looked at favorably, as would other indications of mathematical or analytical abilities such as a high score on math standardized tests.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.