- Review Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs) and ROI for proposed projects. Meet with the project manager to ensure financial assumptions and key statistics are reasonable and project deliverables are clearly stated. Collaborate with Project Management to determine the strategic ranking of the project are financially on target.
- Meet regularly with project management group to discuss status of projects to ensure budget, and actuals are on target. Maintain list of current projects, including description, status, concerns.
- Prepare status reports on in-process and completed projects. Indicate if projects are within budget parameters from both a dollar and time perspective.
- Follow-up on completed projects to see if intended outcomes described in the CBA were achieved. Coordinate with controller's office of project completion.
- Coordinate new project requests with Project Management group. Review requests for appropriate accounting treatment. Prepare Executive reports that detail the impact of new requests on future earnings. Develop project budget, including labor and non- labor
- Develop short- and long-term strategies to ensure funds are in place for planned requirements as well as emergency needs
- Secure funds for new needs and participate in the IT Governance process. Review budget requests for substance, need, and conformity with client's policies and commitments
- Prepare and evaluate project mid-year and year-end forecasts, monitor spending, and secure rollover of unspent funds
- Track planned and actual expenses and support the annual accrual process
- Produce budget books, average rate tables, and other IT Finance reference materials
- Investigate and resolve project budget variances
- Normal office environment and not subject to any additional risk
Experience and Education Requirements
- BS/Master degree in a Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred.
- Experience with project management, budgeting/forecasting and or auditing a plus.
- Ability to independently compile, research and perform in-depth analysis of projects
- Excellent problem solving skill and analytical capabilities
- Prior forecasting and reporting experience a plus
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and communication skills
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or equivalent degree or 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Budget, Procurement, or Human Resources.
- Outstanding organizational and quantitative skills as well as experience managing and resolving complex resource allocation problems
- Ability to perform high-volume work accurately and independently
- Ability to gather business requirements and outline business needs
- Ability to perform financial analysis using various financial system
- Excellent interpersonal skills to successfully obtain cooperation and engagement from employees who do not directly report to this position
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to creatively propose action plans to address urgent business requirements
- Strong skills with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance Modules
- Knowledge of operations and related budget, procurement, and HR practices
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning financial system
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware, software and applications from the perspective of business management issues (budget, procurement, vendor relations)