Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Account Administration: Handle trading and portfolio reporting. Work with clients and their custodians to open accounts and deposit and transfer funds.
- Financial Plan Creation: Support the creation of financial plans, based on client's goals and financial circumstances, that address questions such as at what age can one retire with financial security.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review client's current investments and objectives. Provide the client with a picture of his/her current portfolio composition. Create a custom portfolio within the firm's guidelines which the firm will manage.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field with high grades
- Strong standardized test scores
- Some finance experience
- Focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Passed the CFP exam or progressing towards taking the CFP exam a strong plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a "Client-first attitude"
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
Compensation includes salary plus incentive based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, renewal of CFP and CFA designations, up to $500 for gym reimbursement, Membership to NAPFA.
For consideration, please EMAIL YOUR RESUME to: HGoldin@Altfest.com
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients' interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm, caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients. The firm is credited for introducing innovative methods to the profession that have increased the value provided to clients.
Services provided to clients include Investment Management, Retirement Planning, Insurance and Tax & Estate Advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. The firm has been in a growth trajectory. Karen oversees the firm's marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer