About the role
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) the world's largest private equity infrastructure fund manager is offering an analyst position in private equity infrastructure. The position offers a rare opportunity to join the buy-side team of a global leader in the growing infrastructure sector. As an investment professional in the MIRA team, you will work with senior executives on the execution of new infrastructure investment opportunities and portfolio company management.
You will play a key role in a small team, and will:
- have primary responsibility for the financial modelling and analysis of companies and transactions
- identify and execute M&A transactions – both new investments and bolt-on acquisitions for portfolio companies
- assist portfolio company management in developing business plans and strategy, including identifying and delivering operational and financial improvements and participating in board discussions
- execute financing transactions in the ongoing capital management of portfolio companies.
The team structure is non-hierarchical and all team members are equally expected to drive the execution of ideas, source transactions and lead negotiations.
Our culture reflects the high performing talent we employ paired with a unique opportunity for entrepreneurialism. You will possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, an interest in investing, and the ability to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
Additionally you have:
- 1-3 years experience in investment banking or private equity
- highly numerate and strong financial modelling skills
- a thorough understanding of financial accounting, corporate finance and business reporting
- M&A execution experience with a well-rounded exposure to buy-side M&A analysis, due diligence, transaction financing and analysis preferred
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- sound business judgment and a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- a Bachelor degree or higher from top tier university; finance/accounting or quantitative field preferred.
You will also possess outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills that will enable the development of relationships with senior team members, colleagues and senior executives in portfolio companies and acquisition targets.
We are seeking to fill this role and will progress quickly with potential candidates. Following an introductory phone interview and a first round of initial conversations, candidates will be invited to meet several members of the team in our New York office. Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
In the Americas, MIRA has a well-establish track record and more than $14 billion in equity under management. The investment team, including 40 staff based in New York, is primarily responsible for investing and managing the Macquarie Infrastructure Partners family of funds, Macquarie Infrastructure Company, as well as pursuing new business initiatives.
Globally, MIRA has over 400 experienced professionals in 20 countries. MIRA's sector teams focus on specific investment and asset management opportunities such as airports, utilities, renewable energy, transport, communications infrastructure and toll roads. Their local expertise, knowledge and relationships make them effective managers of MIRA's investments. MIRA is the largest private owner and manager of infrastructure in the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.