The primary responsibility of the Senior Application Developer is to analyze, design, develop, maintain and enhance strategic system solutions in support of the Global Investment Management's upgrade of its Eagle Account System to version 15 and supporting BGIM Batches and Applications. Deliver high quality business solutions within aggressive timeframes. Work independently or with a team on tasks and projects with minimal supervision and leveraging internal and external resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Information Technology (IT) VP, contribute significantly to the business analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of strategic existing investment management applications and automatic batch process solutions using Perl, Autosys (~1300 Jobs), Microsoft .NET Framework, FTP Protocol, Oracle 11g/SQL Server database technologies in relation to the Eagle Upgrade Project on Windows Platform. (development, job infrastructure, Unit and QA testing, implementation, integration and rollout)
- Provide support and enhancement for existing vendor and proprietary applications and processes used by Trading, Portfolio Management, Operations and IT in relation to the upgrade. This will require occasional availability for off-hours support and support of rollout. Resource will also need to help and contribute to the building of separate and parallel applications and batch environment for Eagle Upgrade Project with new locations/connections.
- Manage tasks and/or resources as required for industry and changing business priorities.
- Understanding of investment management concepts (Eagle Pace and Star Knowledge a plus).
- Define, socialize and continually measure the impact of the IT BGIM App and Batch processes to be changed for the IT Eagle Upgrade Project.
- Interact with all levels of users including portfolio managers, traders, portfolio compliance, analysts, performance and operations team members, as well as other technologists to gather requirements and understand changes needed.
- Work independently as well as thrive in a team oriented environment. Quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Multi-task varying business initiatives in a fast paced changing environment.
- Provide technical leadership to on shore and off shore team members and users.
- Coordinate project schedules, issues, and risks with project manager and IT PMO
- Proactively identify and address emerging business issues, and drive effective decision making
- Contingency planning and risk mitigation
- Work with Infrastructure team on planning and executing requirements for development environments and QA test data, including data refresh procedures. Also responsible for Unit and QA testing
Job Specifications & Experience:
- Team Management - Seasoned IT team leader with a proven track record of successfully working in an IT Development team comprised of mixed resources. (Onshore and Offshore)
- Communication - High comfort level interfacing and collaborating with IT and business team members. Experience communicating and reporting to IT and business stakeholders
- Business Knowledge - Strong business acumen from the perspective of the customer and analytical / numerical aptitude, technical understanding of data (SQL, ETL) and investment management industry experience
- Methods - Experience working in traditional waterfall and Agile/Scrum SDLC methodologies
- Technical Toolset – Perl, Autosys, .NET (VB and/or C#) with WCF, Relational Database knowledge including SQL (Oracle and SQL Server), Excel and Adobe PDF
- Soft Skills:
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Strong attention to detail with ability to see the big picture
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven skills in hands-on IT Development and managing a IT Development Team (Onshore and Offshore)
- Drive decision-making, influencing and leading
- Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team work and adaptability
- Negotiation skills and conflict management experience
- Experience overseeing IT work for multiple ongoing tasks simultaneously
- Must be well-organized, have strong ability to effectively multi-task, problem-solve, and communicate
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Financial Services Experience Preferred