| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Senior Specialist will be charged with providing operational support and a superior service experience to New York Life Investment Advisor Representatives, the select Eagle Plus Advisor Group, and Eagle Strategies clients (Wealth Management Division). As a member of New York Life's Wealth Management division, Eagle Strategies LLC, the Specialist will have the opportunity to work closely with both internal and external business partners. This broad level of exposure will allow the individual to quickly learn the managed account business. The skill sets and experiences attained through this role will be invaluable throughout the individual's career.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Serve as the Operational contact for Eagle Strategies' Eagle Plus Advisor Group. Provide a concierege service experience for the Eagle Plus Advisor Group
- Respond to inquiries from Eagle Plus Advisors and their clients on a daily basis by receiving inbound calls via the Eagle Operations support line. Provide backup support on the general Eagle Operations and Service Line when call volumes spike
- Assist the Internal Consultant and Portfolio Specialist Teams with case construction and the implementation of customized solutions by providing operational expertise
- Work with Eagle Strategies business partners to ensure that technology workflows are operating correctly and efficiently
- Identify and resolve operational and compliance issues that may arise during daily activities
- Complete special projects and participate in presentations as needed
- Identify process improvements and coordinate with the Head of Operations & Service to implement the solutions in an effort to build efficiencies and increased productivity
Leadership: Train newly hired team members in key operational functions, such as New Account Processing and the platform's servicing capabilities. The individual in this role may be called upon to lead functional projects such as procedural updates, broad communication efforts, and presentations/webinars to the Advisor population.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 Years of relevant experience
- Series 7 required
- Series 66 (within 6 months)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- At least 1 year experience with Envestnet portfolio management software
- At least 1 year experience with Fidelity brokerage technology (FBSI, Streetscape)
- Strong customer service skills and ability to manage issues related to heavy call volume of both inbound/outbound calls
- At least 1 year experience working in customer service, specifically answering calls from Investment Advisor Representatives
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule to meet extended business hours and heavy client demand
- Advanced knowledge of Mutual Funds, ETFs, Brokerage Accounts, & the Managed Account Industry is necessary. Deep understanding of a Broker Dealer's and RIA's operations
Problem Solving: Ability to troubleshoot and resolve operational challenges (cashiering issues, system problems). Identify potential opportunities and implement innovative solutions that will improve existing workflows and processes.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact: Constantly seeks opportunities to improve existing processes in an effort to build a scalable service model. Work closely with the Head of Operations and Service to implement improvements.
Communication Requirements: Ability to explain complex operational matters to advisors, clients, and business partners. Use influencing skills to help advisors and their staff see the benefits of adopting new technology.
Business Knowledge: Develops an expertise on the operational systems that support Eagle Strategies' Managed Account business. Identify trends and recommend options for solving business challenges. Works closely with the advisor population and recommends best practices in a effort to build and sustain a scalable service model.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.