| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As part of the Wellington Funds Group (WFG), the Wellington Management Funds-US Group (WMF-US) is responsible for Wellington Management's US pooled fund businesses, namely commingled trust vehicles sponsored by Wellington Trust Company, NA, and other commingled vehicles to be added in the future. As of March 31, 2016, this business consisted of 278 commingled pools, with assets under management of US$47 billion from more than 1,200 clients.
The Director of Fund Product Strategy is responsible for business and investment oversight and strategy of the WMF-US fund and vehicle line-up. The Director of US Fund Product Strategy will work on a range of business and investment-related activities including vehicle strategy, marketing strategy, competitive analysis, and project management.
- Develop and implement product and vehicle strategy alongside WMF US President, our relationship management (GRG) and product management teams (IPS)
- Oversee pricing, capacity, and expense cap frameworks and initiatives
- Lead product and strategy-related initiatives, including new vehicle initiatives, design of vehicles and products for new channels, and other initiatives to ensure WMF US is meeting evolving client needs
- Implement incubation strategy for WMF US (as appropriate)
- Collaborate with GRG, IPS and WFG leadership team to execute fund campaigns for WMF US
- Assist with product competitive positioning and monitor fund flows for the benefit of WMF US product strategy
- Oversight responsibilities for marketing, distribution, and fund product management, including disclosures and regulatory compliance
- Ad hoc project management
The ideal candidate will have a strong investment acumen and in excess of ten years' relevant experience working with mutual funds, collective trusts, and/or LP vehicles including deep knowledge of the vehicles, fund investors, fund operations and the competitive dynamics and client trends in the channels into which funds are sold. S/he will be a strategic thinker who is grounded with the pragmatic ability, problem solving and project management skills to operationalize a vision.
In addition, the candidate should process the following attributes:
- Intellectual curiosity, originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- Ability to proactively drive projects in a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment;
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written skills;
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence and act decisively
- Impeccable business judgment and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity; continuously seek out ways to improve upon and elevate effective work processes, such as employing technology to leverage resources that reflect and extend the Wellington standard and deliver a high return on investment for the firm
- Strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality;
- Sense of humor and passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- Prior management skills and an advanced degree and/or CFA are viewed favorably
Director of US Fund Product Strategy
Wellington Funds Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .