- Frontline product and industry support for MPI clients across the financial services industry, including general Q/A and specific project, industry and workflow knowledge transfer.
- Training clients and internal team members on MPI products and services, as well as their underlying methodologies and financial concepts.
- Participating in live, client-facing training related to onsite client visits, company events or in other official capacities, as needed.
- Planning and/or conducting testing of MPI products, database feeds or other deliverables.
- Working with other Analysts, Senior Analysts and company team members on ad hoc projects ranging from training and documentation to research.
- A strong interest in solving problems
- B/A or B/S from accredited four-year college or university. Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Computer Science, and Economics majors are especially encouraged to apply, but all majors will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Visa sponsorship is not available for these positions at this time.
- Experience in the financial services industry, client services or support-related roles a plus
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation: ability to effectively communicate complex information and influence diverse internal constituents/senior management.
- Applicants should be comfortable with phone, e-mail, forum and in-person communication, including presenting to small or large groups.
Industry- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Candidates must have a strong interest in finance, financial data and quantitative concepts
- SQL, MS Access, XML and other programming experience a plus
- The ability to work as a member of a team is a must
- Self-directed and motivated, with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpretive and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, and economics a plus
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity
- Build effective cross organizational working relationships with sales, product management, research, and development
- High level of proficiency using MS Office Professional Suite, Project, Visio, Excel and online conferencing tools a plus
- Ability to effectively leverage diverse areas of expertise toward client objectives
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to adapt to any environment
- Proven ability in growing client account relationships and ability to quickly build client confidence, a major plus
- MPI is an equal-opportunity employer
- Health and dental, and flexible-spending arrangements
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education stipend
- Competitive vacation/time-off policy, including occasional work-from-home capabilities
- Life insurance
NOTE: Candidates need not necessarily fit all criteria; we will be looking for the strongest candidate match to our needs. Please note that this position is based at our Summit, NJ headquarters. MPI is an equal opportunity employer.