| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The private funds counsel will be part of a team responsible for supporting Wellington Management's sponsored private funds, including hedge funds, offshore funds, and bank maintained collective trusts.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide legal support for Wellington Management's Fund business. Specific activities will include launching new private funds (in various forms domiciled in various jurisdictions), maintenance of existing funds (including disclosure documentation, service provider documentation, and onboarding issues), analysis of regulatory developments, managing external counsel, and counseling business colleagues.
- 8-12+ years of experience practicing law
- Broad based fund-related experience dealing with various structures, jurisdictions, and legal and regulatory constructs
- Experience at a national law firm or relevant in-house position
- Strong legal and analytical skills
- Good business judgment and strong counseling skills
- Creativity and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to represent the firm with external clients
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Sense of humor
Private Funds Counsel
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .