| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The WFG Fund Lifecycle Project Manager ("FLPM") role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of the new global Wellington Funds Group ("WFG"), which develops and oversees a variety of commingled funds offered to a diverse set of Wellington's clients from over 40 countries worldwide. WFG sponsors over 300 funds totaling AUM of nearly $100 billion, and this fund range spans the full menu of Wellington's product offerings, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
The FLPM is a new key role within WFG, supporting fund growth and creating greater end to end ownership of all aspects of the fund lifecycle by ensuring the fund lifecycle process runs smoothly and efficiently. He/she will actively drive and project manage all fund lifecycle events, including launches, "in-flight" changes to existing funds, and fund closures, working closely with the fund product development managers in the three fund sponsors and the Fund Approval and Closure Committee. He/she will be leading and organizing important fund event projects and meetings, by developing goals, outlining processes, ensuring strong communication and clear expectations, memorializing key decisions and influencing key stakeholders to desired outcomes. This work will require a high degree of cross-functional coordination, ensuring all contributors come together to meet a common goal. A large component of this role will also include knowledge sharing across sponsors, leading change and re-engineering processes by identifying and standardizing key shared processes, identifying new areas of continuous improvement and defining future "best in class" workflow tools and technology.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide high touch stakeholder engagement and management to ensure subject matter experts from within the funds team and around the firm (e.g. client service, legal, compliance, marketing, tax, product management and the relationship management team) have clear expectations and timelines
- Serve as central point of contact for cross- WFG fund lifecycle view
- Communicate on a regular basis with WFG leadership and the product development teams to ensure day to day workflows, escalation paths and concerns are actively addressed and resolved
- Own and share fund lifecycle event reporting data and metrics
- Act as data owner for certain components of fund product data
We are seeking a strong project manager with exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to influence, problem solve creatively and drive fund events to completion efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will have the presence, confidence, and leadership qualities needed to facilitate cross functional projects and meetings with a strong desire to support growth and lead process change within an evolving and diverse fund platform.
Additional qualifications include:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to proactively drive projects in a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment;
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence and act decisively
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail and flexibility is essential
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and ability to re-engineer and improve upon work processes, such as employing technology to leverage resources
- Strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Data stewardship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- Positive, collegial attitude, sense of humor and enthusiasm
WFG Fund Lifecycle Project Manager
Wellington Funds Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .