Day-to-day activities include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of market conditions, private equity sector and fundraising trends, developments in corporate debt markets broadly (High Yield and Leveraged Finance Capital Markets) and, specifically, in relation to private equity transaction funding; furthermore, how or where these may impact rating agencies and the firms' new business initiatives;
- Researching marketing angles or areas where firm can differentiate itself from the competition, communicate and present findings to co-workers for discussion;
- Developing marketing case studies and presentation slides dedicated to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting
- Creating, coordinating and implementing outreach plans (eg, research report distribution, promoting 'wins') for key targets
- Taking lead on preparation of pitchbooks, market analyses, post-meeting follow-ups, data gathering for near-term and longer-term initiatives;
- Travel limited, but primarily within the Continental U.S., amount dependent on business need.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or other fixed income data/information service provider sources
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as an investment team member within a private equity firm / leveraged finance, M&A or financial sponsors within an investment bank;
- Bachelor's degree, MBA / CFA a plus;
- Understanding and experience with large and/or middle-market corporate debt deal processes, key parties, roles and motivations of important constituents (ie, bankers, issuers, investors, financial sponsors);
- Ability to gather intelligence from public sources, piece together information, draw clear and concise conclusions that result in a strategy or recommendation for pursuing new business opportunity
- Understanding and proficiency of analytical credit concepts and capability to translate those into marketing messages for external audiences
- Skills in time and organizational management across a range of projects at a given time, prioritize and re-prioritize accordingly;
- Independent, self-starter mind-set; willing to think creatively and pursue projects without constant oversight;
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail in preparing external presentations and performing market research.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Bachelors degree required, preferably with degree in business, economics, or similar analytical fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with proven analytical aptitude
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4+ years of experience involving qualitative and quantitative analysis; strategy consulting, corporate development or investment banking/leveraged finance experience is a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp