Immediate opening for a College Persistence Advisor to join SEO College Scholars team.
SEO College Scholars currently supports over 610 students that are attending over 180 colleges across more than 25 States. We achieve this by providing boot-camp style workshops before students begin college, one- on-one support and academic advising throughout the year, as well as large-scale career exploration and networking events. http://www.seo-usa.org
- Provide personal, academic and career support to case load of 65-70 students and any additional guidance and case management throughout college as needed
- Document student progress, proactively identifying issues that may arise and bring to attention of manager for reparative action
- Maintain and collect student data on an ongoing basis, making regular qualitative and quantitative assessments of individual and macro student progress
- Design surveys to determine academic, personal and career needs, to devise targeted and relevant programming to meet student needs
- Create, design, implement and evaluate trainings on a range of topics, track attendance, and measure program impact on student academic achievement and career-readiness
- Provide career advising for cohort of students and conduct mock interviews, provide cover letter feedback as needed
- Contribute to planning annual conferences for college students, as well as design and deliver a training during the conference
- Contribute to and write student and department reports (for internal and external audience)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to Vica Recinos at email@example.com with “College Persistence Advisor” in subject heading. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 95% college graduation rate. In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal and career exploration support.
SEO Scholars is a College Board Innovation Award Winner (2011), has received independent evaluation from Policy Studies Associates confirming the program’s effectiveness, and in 2013 won the “Effective Philanthropy in Urban Communities” grant from Columbia Business School, after competing with 137 non-profits in the Education sector. SEO has received media coverage on USA Today, New York Post,
NBC News Education Nation, and ABC7, to name a few. Most recently, SEO received a 5-year grant from UBS (a global investment bank) to develop the UBS NextGenLeaders Program to serve 124 Black and Latino males in 12th grade from NY, CT and NJ and ensure they graduate from college. SEO’s board is chaired by Henry R. Kravis, the co-founder and co-CEO of Kravis, Kohlberg & Roberts, a global private equity firm. Under Mr.Kravis’ leadership, SEO has doubled the number of students we accept into the program from 125 9th graders to 250. Additional information on SEO Scholars can be found on our website: www.seoscholars.org.
SPONSORS FOR EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNTIY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/F/D/V