The junior analyst role requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in leveraged loan and high-yield credit research/analysis and trading. The ideal candidate will be someone who is self-motivated, learns quickly and enjoys working in a small and fast-paced environment, with solid finance knowledge, excellent analytical, writing, communication and computer skills. CFA or MBA is a plus.
The junior analyst will be part of the team that is responsible for managing the firm's credit portfolios in various formats including CLOs, separate accounts and opportunity funds. The team focuses on both fundamental and quantitative credit analysis, while capitalizing on the organization's resources in business development, research, technology and operations.
The analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze, recommend and monitor credit investments focusing on leveraged loans, high yield bonds, and other credit assets, through both primary and secondary markets.
- Develop and present investment theses and recommendations to the investment committee, work with the portfolio manager to actively and continuously rebalance the portfolios.
- Evaluate company fundamentals and industry trends, key operating metrics, business quality, competitive positioning, and valuation.
- Perform detailed financial modeling and analysis along with required due diligence on corporate debt issuers (primarily US).
- Analyze credit agreements, indentures and other relevant legal and regulatory issues related to the issuers.
- Participate in debt restructurings of distressed debt issuers as required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role within leveraged loan and high-yield credit research/analysis.
- Detailed working experience in bank loan credit agreements.
- DCF financial modelling experience is essential.
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and computer skills.
- CFA or MBA qualification is a plus.
- Solid finance knowledge.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please ONLY submit a 1 page resume.