- Provide strategy ideas and analysis to financial markets and clients on foreign exchange and interest rates movements in emerging markets, especially markets making up SCB (Standard Chartered Bank)'s global footprint. Our key stakeholders are external (hedge funds, real money funds, central banks and corporates) and internal (FX trading and FX sales)
- Originate FX strategy trade ideas for various client segments. Contribute to regular market commentary and analysis.
- Meet clients regularly and bring them SCB's views on the global economy and global strategy as related to their businesses.
- Improve SCB competitive positioning through FX client polls, representation at external forums, client events and international media.
- Work to introduce potential clients to relevant departments in the bank.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of market experience, in particular up to 3yrs of relevant FX research/strategy and Emerging Markets exposure. - Very strong communication/presentation skills are a must, both verbal and written. - Self starter, eager to learn and intellectually curious. - Post grad an advantage but not a prerequisite.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.