Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Senior Credit Analyst will perform fundamental credit analysis on the financial condition and legal structure of current and potential municipal bond portfolio holdings. Primary responsibilities include the development of fundamental credit opinions, assigning internal credit ratings, and establishing credit outlooks for individual municipal issuers. The analyst will also be responsible for monitoring specific legislative, regulatory, economic, and fiscal developments related to the municipal market. The analyst is expected to actively maintain and communicate internal ratings and other risk assessments to the broader investment team. Coverage responsibilities would ideally reflect the strengths and professional background of the candidate.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Analysts will be expected to identify, assume and manage credit risks and work effectively with investment team members
- Analyze multiple sectors and issuers within the municipal market
- Maintain appropriate and required documentation in database supporting internal credit opinions
- Actively recommend changes to issuer specific credit ratings and outlooks
- Perform special projects as required by the credit and portfolio management team
- Actively communicate with portfolio management, trading teams and senior management
- Develop relationships with underwriters, sell-side research, credit rating agencies, professionals of municipal bond issuers and industry organizations
- Attend industry conferences as appropriate
- Actively participate in the credit committee process
- Mentor junior analysts
Work Experience / Knowledge:
Ideal candidates will have at least 8-10 years of experience performing fundamental credit analysis with municipal bond experience strongly preferred. A Master's degree and/or CFA designation is preferred.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Decision Making Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communication, Written/Inter-Personal
- Desires Excellence
- Exhibits Integrity
- Maintains Client and Fiduciary focus
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.