| The responsibilities of the Portfolio Analyst include many operational as well as analytical and investment aspects of managing asset allocation portfolios. A detailed functional description along with the necessary qualifications is provided below. This position reports directly to one of the senior Asset Allocation Managers. |
- Assist Portfolio Managers in the management of global asset allocation portfolios, generating trades, monitoring, and analyzing portfolios and strategies. Functionally this may include performance analysis, cash management, reconciliation of portfolio positions, market analysis, monitoring and generating trades, and assisting on daily portfolio checks. Securities include futures, FX forwards, swaps, common stocks, bonds, collective funds, ETFs, and various cash instruments.
- Interface with other departments such as Trade Operations, Performance Group, Reporting Group, Client Service, Auditors, and Accountants.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets/VBA code. Attention to detail and adherence to procedures are key components of the job.
- BA/BS from accredited university required.
- BA in Finance/Investments-related field or BS in quantitative field (such as engineering, computer science, physics, etc) strongly desired.
- 2-3 years investment-related work experience.
- CFA/CAIA strongly desired.
- Excellent analytical skills, high aptitude for quantitative reasoning and problem-solving.
- Advanced skills in Excel, including ability to read and debug VBA code.
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in time-sensitive environments.
- Extreme attention to detail and high degree of organization.
- Strong adherence to procedures
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be willing to work market hours starting as early at 5:30am PST
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Internal Jobcode: 31712
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Mellon Capital Management-HR06141
Requisition Number: 1616534