| The Vice President - Senior Analyst (VP-SCO)/Manager will directly manage a portion of Moody's Eastern Local Government Team, which is responsible for the credit analysis of debt issued by cities, counties, school districts and special districts in the Eastern Region of the U.S.. The VP-SCO/Manager must be accomplished and adept at issuer and intermediary relations and outreach, and must be an effective representative of Moody's. This opportunity involves developing a general understanding of public finance trends, both national and state-specific, development of a thorough understanding of Moody's rating methodologies and their unbiased application and leadership in the development of new methodological approaches. The VP-SCO/Manager will also be expected to effectively and professionally interact with government representatives, financial intermediaries, investors, and other market participants. |
More specifically, he or she will be responsible for the following:
- Managing ratings quality and consistency for a portfolio of local government credits, both in terms of initial rating assignments and the monitoring of outstanding ratings.
- Implementing a research plan; identifying research topics, reviewing research produced by the team an developing the team's writing and communication skills.
- Working cooperatively with other team managers on Moody's Eastern Local Government Team to solidify and grow Moody's coverage in the assigned area by providing outstanding customer service.
- Managing analysts through training, recruiting, retention and development; identifying and developing high potential analysts and future managers; implement research plan; identify research topics, review research produced by the team, develop team's writing and communication skills.
Regional PFG Northeast
- Strong academic background - graduate degree in public policy, public administration, economics, business, or law strongly preferred
- Eight + years of professional experience in management and/or credit analysis
- Excellent written communication skills; demonstrated ability to convey complex analytical issues in writing with both nuance and clarity
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage analytic projects and innovate for efficiency and credit developments as appropriate
- Knowledge of public sector accounting, and finance
- Proven public speaking skills
- Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinion and defending both own views and consensus, Moody's-developed views
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Moody's effectively at a senior level
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.