Risk Management Division Americas
The Risk Management Division, Americas Department (RMDA) is responsible for monitoring, reporting, analyzing and recommending necessary actions across four core risk functions -- credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk and operational risk. The scope of RMDA's responsibility extends to all regional risk activities of MHBK New York Branch and MHBK (USA). In addition, RMDA has responsibility for coordinating and reporting to various risk governance committees certain risk exposures on behalf of non-bank Mizuho affiliated companies in the U.S., Mizuho's Canadian and Los Angeles branches, and Banco Mizuho do Brasil.
Support and enhance models used at NY Branch as well as within Mizuho Americas operations. The team is responsible for development and maintenance of risk management as well non-risk management models for use within the New York Branch of Mizuho Bank Ltd as well as for US operations. The models developed by Risk Analytics & Modeling Unit (RAMU) are used for risk management and reporting purposes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a core member of the Risk Analytics and Modeling unit to support and enhance Market Risk/ Credit Risk / Liquidity Risk models
- Prepare high quality technical documentation for the risk management models, in compliance with the regulatory guidance on model documentation as well as the firm's model risk policy
- Cooperate with model validation, as well as external and internal examiners in validation and audits corresponding to these models
- The role entails: development/maintenance/enhancement of models, technical documentation, and model governance activities
- Establish and maintain procedures regarding operation of Bank's models.
Minimum job requirements or experience
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience at financial institution.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to discuss technical topics with diverse audience.
- Higher proficiency with Market, Credit and Liquidity risk models, including:
- Loans, Commitment lines, CDS and structured products,
- Rating Transition Matrix,
- Capital Stress Test (PPNR and Balance Sheet projection models for Banking Loan Business),
- Cross market comparison and data mining.
- Strong programming and database skills, including:
- Statistical programming languages such MATLAB/R/SAS,
- Ability to understand and debug the existing model code in the above programming language and to develop enhancements,
- Understand of database technology with respect to MS-SQL database, and proficiency with writing queries and stored procedures.
- Eligible to work in the US
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.