SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The International Trademark Association (INTA) is a global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce. Central to INTA’s success in servicing our members is our Strategic Plan. We are a membership-driven association with departments that are responsible for: events and meetings (for which e-commerce plays a key role), legal resources (online publications, including databases), membership acquisition and retention (which heavily relies on our AMS system), member services, marketing, communications and finance.
The Director of Information Technology & Business Solutions will play a key role in advancing the Strategic Plan by providing leadership and vision in the arenas of technology and business solutions. This leadership and vision will drive innovative solutions for the needs of our members, their brands and our staff.
The Director of Information Technology & Business Solutions is responsible for providing strategic support, advice and guidance on developments in information technology, infrastructure management and vendor management that will support the vision and strategic plan of the organization. To accomplish this, the incumbent will consult with management to bridge the gap between technology and the people who use it by converting user requirements into cost-effective computer and information systems and finding ways to make users and systems more productive. This position is part of senior management and will report directly to the CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic support to CEO for all matters related to IT and Business Solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring IT infrastructure meets the needs of the association.
- Responsible for leading, managing and coaching a staff of 4 Information Technology & Business Solution employees.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors to ensure ongoing high quality maintenance of existing infrastructure and applications.
- Identify best practices throughout the association and communicate/implement these practices on an enterprise level.
- Analyze and communicate benefits and risks associated with IT investments, as well as effectively articulate corporate IT plans, policies and standards for acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems.
- Ensure that association resources are optimized and that the associations’ strategic plan is supported.
- Provide leadership to the Strategist, Business Solutions and Technology in partnering with association leadership to develop and maintain a forward-looking applications portfolio to help drive efficiency.
- Stay abreast of innovations and technologies in the market to recognize and articulate potential value to the association.
- Work closely with managers and employees across the business to understand the issues facing the association and earn a reputation as a valued internal partner.
- Have a depth of knowledge in translating emerging technologies into applications that will solve real business issues and drive growth.
- Plan, organize and execute all technology functions, including IT operations, strategy, governance and organization.
- Responsible for IT guidelines, policies and procedures that support and advance goals and objectives of the organization.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology budget, including development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Coordinate with other INTA departments to ensure proper levels of service and to identify needs and solutions, including business analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.