Macquarie Securities Group is a global institutional securities house with strong Asia-Pacific foundations covering sales, research, ECM, execution and derivatives activities. It is a full-service institutional cash equities broker in Australia, Asia, South Africa and Canada with offerings in the US and Europe, and retail derivatives in key locations globally.
Macquarie Securities Group has three main business lines: Cash, Derivatives and Trading.
Our equities research team is the cornerstone of Macquarie Securities' broking services and offers wide research coverage of stocks in the Asia Pacific region and South Africa with select specialist verticals in the US, Canada and Europe. Our highly-rated team of more than 350 analysts covers more than 1,800 stocks.
We continually modify our product range to meet the needs of our growing client base. We were the first research institution to introduce a strategy unit and a quantitative group and the first to combine all analysts' forecasts into one database.
An opportunity has opened up in our San Francisco Office for an Equity Research Associate to join our TMT team as a Semiconductor Research Associate. Macquarie's TMT team is consistently recognized in investor rankings for its fundamental & consistent approach to equity evaluation. We are therefore looking for an individual who can integrate quickly into a demanding but successful team operating within a highly competitive industry sector.
In this role, you will be involved in generating reports that assist in our institutional clients' investment decisions. You will provide industry and company analysis, financial modelling and database support to the Senior Analyst. You will also have the opportunity to assist with client requests, be involved in broader industry and corporate events and liaise with research and sales teams globally.
To be successful, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree (minimum) in finance, engineering, actuarial sciences quantitative or similar discipline
- Exceptional financial analysis and modelling skills, a strong understanding of valuation techniques is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- (Preferred) Technology Hardware/Semiconductor industry experience in an actuarial, accounting, financial, underwriter or business development role or experience as an Equity Research Associate.
- Initiative to help build a quality product and be willing to work the hours to achieve your goals
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.