| The Boston Company manages approximately $37 billion in assets across multiple disciplines, encompassing both long-only and long/short strategies. It combines dedicated portfolio-management teams with a robust research platform to deliver investment solutions. Our singular focus is equity management, powered by intelligent stock selection. For additional information, please visit our website: www.thebostoncompany.com |
The Client Service Representative will be primary internal support and point of contact for Sales Representatives, Consultant Relations Managers, Relationship Managers and BNYM Internal Distribution Channels.
- Reporting support, comprehensive sales support, pre-meeting due diligence on prospects, clients and consultants, assistance and coordination for successful new client on-boarding, competitive analysis associated with prospects.
- Will use judgment and discretion regarding new business acquisition and terminations for clients and internal partners (includes review of client contracts and documenting all new requirements and procedures within department and escalates areas of concern).
- The incumbent will also work closely with other departments such as Product Development, Marketing, and Portfolio Strategist team on behalf of the externally facing staff.
- He/she will be cross-trained on all aspects of client specific requirements and serve as a backup ensuring seamless service.
- Will be responsible for coordinating and executing the successful onboarding of new clients, ensuring prospective clients needs are identified through on-boarding checklists and processes, expectations are appropriately set, and custom requests are identified early in the process and evaluated as part of a new business acceptance process.
- Will work with other areas across the firm to follow up with prospective clients (i.e. contract status, AS, W-9, KYC, etc.) and/or executing necessary new business related tasks in an accurate and timely manner. This requires learning the legal and investment issues surrounding our institutional client relationships as well as client service internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for account documentation, database maintenance, acting as the primary internal contact for Relationship Managers (RMs) once the client has been on-boarded successfully.
- The CSR will coordinate the preparation of meeting and proposal materials, identify prospects through public web sites and industry media, update files and systems for prospective and current clients/consultants, and drive the prequalification process for Hedge Fund prospects.
- The individual will conduct research on clients or prospects to provide relevant information to externally facing staff and track and maintain pipeline ad activity information.
- Will run Pivotal (or other CRM) queries in support of the new business process, build and maintain prospect lists, and review supporting data as part of the prospecting/due diligence process.
- The CSR will generate follow-up correspondence to maintain and grow relationships as well as execute mailings and other outreach campaigns to prospects, clients and consultants.
- In addition, s/he will coordinate competitive analysis prior to finals presentations and provide back-up support to Distribution Support during times of peak volumes and heavy workflow.
- Will continuously expand knowledge of the firm's product line, industry trends, current compliance guidelines competition and new business process to provide consistently higher value assistance to the sales team.
- Further, there are situations/circumstances where the individual will be offering securities.
The candidate must have 3 to 5 years of institutional investment industry experience. Bachelor s degree, CFA/CAIA designation (or progress towards designation) or advanced degree preferred. The candidate must be energetic and self-motivated, with the ability to work well under time constraints. Strong analytical ability and demonstrated sound judgment in dealing with institutional clients. S/he must be highly organized with a keen attention to detail, and must possess exceptional technical, verbal and written communication skills. Must be a registered rep (holding Series 7 and 63) or willingness to obtain within 90 days of hire. The candidate will be offering private placement products through MBSC Securities Corporation.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 32510
Job: Asset Management
Organization: The Boston Company Asset Mgmt-HR06145
Requisition Number: 1612607