Continued growth has created opportunities for highly talented individuals to join our London and New York offices at Investment Associate level. You will be a pre MBA with fluent English, solid financial and business modelling skills, good transactional experience and strong analytical abilities gained from 18 months to three years in a relevant industry; for example, M&A, private equity, transactions services or investment consulting.
- Qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions including performing detailed sector and company research and analysis
- Work either independently, or in some cases, with a Senior Associate or Manager to analyse a fund position
- Conduct due diligence and assist with deal execution and transaction management
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other internal meetings
- Present the analysis at Asset Review as required
- Interact with external consultants and advisers as required regarding analysis
- Assist with closing administration
Structuring and execution
- Work with the deal team and Coller's in-house legal team to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, offer letters, purchase agreements and other legal and transaction documentation
- Keep up-to-date on portfolio performance and address any specific requests for action or approval (for example, receipt and sale/retention of distributed stock proceeds)
- Prepare returns forecasts, commentary and other investment information for Coller Capital limited partners meetings and regular portfolio review/as required
Deal sourcing, marketing and fund-raising
- Conduct desk research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising
The Associate role provides an opportunity to work within one of the world's most respected private equity firms (2014, Financial News – European Secondaries Firm of the Year). With offices in New York, London and Hong Kong, Coller Capital is the leading player in private equity secondaries ($9.5bn AUM) with over 160 people including a 55 strong investment team.
We provide liquidity to investors wishing to exit early from their private equity investments – which may be either Limited Partner positions in private equity funds or portfolios of direct investments in private companies (typically owned by financial institutions or corporations). Our investments vary widely in size – from single LP positions in small private equity funds, to large portfolios of diverse assets – from as small as $1 million, to $1 billion or more.
Successful candidates join a dedicated team of private equity professionals responsible for evaluating, analysing and sourcing secondary investments. With over 20 nationalities represented, we are a truly global team. You'll be impressed not only by our people's diversity, talent and wealth of experience – but you'll also notice how friendly and non-hierarchical we are.
Our culture and our approach to winning in the marketplace are predicated on strong teamwork and by "living" our ethics and values. Our Company Values were formulated by the whole company; their purpose is to influence and drive what we do and how we run our business.
What we look for
Our standards are exceptionally high – you will need to be in the top decile of your peer group to succeed.
Our recruitment process is objective, rigorous and holistic. You will be requested to undergo aptitude tests related to your role, attend interviews to meet a number of your potential colleagues and complete personality profiling questionnaires.
We are looking for the following from all applicants:
- 18 months - 3 years' experience within a relevant industry (you will have completed your analyst training or equivalent) including;
- private equity
- funds of funds
- pension fund
- family office
- M&A / corporate finance
- leveraged finance
- an investment consulting firm
- as an investor/LP
- Strong analytical abilities
- Financial and business modelling skills
- Fluent (written and spoken) English
For further information about Coller Capital go to www.collercapital.com or apply below