Strategic and Financial Planning 20%
- Assist in formulating FSA's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Participate in key decision as a member of the executive management team
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Serve on FSA's CSEA Union negotiation committee
Operational Management 30%
- Maintain in depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resource, legal, tax, IT, and treasury functions
- Manage any third party franchises to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost effective benefits package
Accounting and Financial Functions 35%
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Implement policies that ensure accurate financial reporting
- Oversee annual preparation of the Form 990
- Oversee annual preparation of Form 5500's for all employee benefits plans.
- Act as fiduciary along with the Executive Director for all employee benefit plans.
- Establish and maintain banking relationships
- Manage relationships with internal and external auditors and the University at Buffalo
- Report financial results to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and external contacts
Risk Management 15%
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and affiliates
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the Board of Directors
- Review auditory findings from internal and external audits and make recommendations to ensure proper compliance
- Monitor investment policy in accordance with SUNY standards
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible financial experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Experience partnering with an executive team and a high level of written and oral communication skills required
- Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting FSA resources
- Ability to present complex financial related information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally
- In-depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing, with faculty, staff, students, administrative officials, and the community at large regarding policy, procedures, human resource, financial and operational issues
- Ability to make independent decisions, analyze situations, solve problems and initiate actions for the effective management of a large and complex organization on a variety of issues
Physical and Mental Demands:
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, or domestic violence victim status.