| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) sponsors and sub-advises a broad array of long/short equity, multi-strategy, global macro, private equity and relative value hedge funds that invest globally across all asset classes. WAI Fund Services (WAI-FS) is responsible for the financing, accounting, and operations for these funds. WAI-FS is comprised of three teams: 1) Fund Accounting; 2) Treasury, and 3) Audit and Financial Reporting.
The WAI-FS Group Controller/Associate Director will manage the Fund Accounting team and reports to the Director of WAI-FS. This role will require frequent interaction and collaboration with other Wellington teams, clients, third party fund administrators, and the funds' auditor.
- Manage a team of 8 Fund Controllers
- Plan and lead the monthly NAV process and other recurring operational functions
- Resolve complex accounting and operational issues
- Lead tactical and strategic projects, including the launch of new funds, adoption of new regulations, implementation of new systems and services, continuous improvements, etc.
- Act as a senior relationship manager for the funds' third-party fund administrators
- Provide hedge fund-related advice and subject matter expertise to other areas of the firm
- Contribute to the overall management/leadership of HFA and Wellington's hedge fund business
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the Financial Services Industry, with a significant portion being in the Hedge Fund Accounting industry
- 4+ years of management experience
- Expert-level knowledge of hedge fund accounting including GAAP, partnership accounting and performance fee mechanics.
- Private Equity experience is a plus
- Experience leading functional teams and cross-functional projects
- CPA, CFA, and/or MBA is strongly preferred
- Very strong IT/systems skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, performing multiple tasks and balancing competing priorities
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
Group Controller, Hedge Fund Services
Hedge Funds Administration
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .