Position OverviewPosition Overview:
Modeling, Econometrics, Data Science & Analytics (MEDA), the largest model development department in Freddie Mac, is currently seeking a Commercial Credit Analytics Manager. The Manager will be responsible for ongoing development, maintenance and calibration of Counterparty Credit Risk models and related applications in support of business and risk decisions, particularly related to Probability of default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at default (EAD) modeling. Here you will work with passionate, creative and highly collaborative team of modelers on innovative financial projects to support Freddie Mac's mission to expand opportunities for housing.
Qualifications* Accredited Master's degree (or MBA) in quantitative discipline such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Physics with 7+ years of work experience, or PhD in quantitative fields with 4+ years of experience.
* At least three years of previous commercial credit risk modeling developing probability of default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at default (EAD) models, building counterparty Scorecards or DFAST/CCAR commercial risk models
* Strong programming skills in a statistical programming language such as SAS, VBA, R, Python and/or Matlab and database skills such as SQL.
* Exceptional quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills.
* Strong understanding of commercial finance products and risk management practices.
* Experience in using complex statistical models.
* Counterparty Credit Risk Modeling and DFAST modeling for mortgages.
* Programming experience with SAS and SQL, and solid experience conducting complex analysis in Excel, reporting and modeling.
* Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to succinctly describe complex technical scenarios in simple, easily-understood terms
* Knowledge of Freddie Mac data and business is preferred but is not required.
* Ability to conduct independent research and work with limited supervision
Closing StatementToday, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.