Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an agricultural trading company seeking a trading and risk management director for their office in Minneapolis.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for managing the physical / cash traders, risk managers, and prop trading team across oilseeds
- Manage the risk exposure of the company for trading and logistics while ensuring compliance to internal and external regulations; set up the hedging strategies and report the company's risk profile to the Board of Directors
- Manage the futures and options proprietary books, generate profit and use fundamental macroeconomic research to develop new trading strategies
- Create the physical short- and long-term trading strategies while developing new markets, product lines etc. with the line managers to acquire new customers; ensure ideal allocation of terminal space as well as manage the annual budget for the company
- Role reports to CFO and Board Members
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 10 years' similar experience with a focus on oilseeds or grains; experience in physical / cash, proprietary (options and futures) trading as well as in hedging
- Proven personal PnL track record and ability to trade based on fundamental market analysis and macroeconomic indicators
- Experience in managing a trading team as well as excellent understanding of rules and regulations relating to trading exchanges
- University degree in Business, Economics, Finance etc. required and fluency in Spanish a plus
- Located in Minneapolis or happy to relocate
Keywords: commodity, commodities, director, derivatives, physical, physical positioning, cash, exchange, proprietary, prop, prop trading, head of trading, trading director, trading manager, strategist, macroeconomics, grains, grain, corn, wheat, cash grains, cash trading, seed, rapeseed, oilseeds, oilseed, canola, canola oil, sunflower, sesame, agriculture, agricultural, agri, team management, risk management, risk manager, Manager, trading, trader, trade, logistics, operations, forecasting, proprietary trading, hedging, hedge fund, strategies, futures, options, research, economics, execution, merchandiser, merchandising, Spanish, USA, North America, America, United States, US, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Latin America, Canada, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Chicago, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, South Dakota, Nebraska, Redstone Commodity Search, RS0599A
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.