Small Cap Equity Research Analyst
The Small Cap Equity Research Analyst will be responsible for researching, analyzing and generating investment ideas in US Equities with a market capitalization below $10 billion across various industries.
- Research, analyze, and recommend investment ideas for inclusion in US Equity strategies. While the primary focus will be the firm's US Small Cap Equity strategies, the analyst is also expected to contribute ideas, as appropriate, to the firm's other US and global equity strategies.
- Generate and research investment candidates based on the Research Analyst's experience and expertise. The Research Analyst is also expected to research investment candidates as directed by the portfolio manager and/or generated by the firm's quantitative and screening processes.
- Contribute to the firm's broader research efforts by actively participating in investment research meetings, sharing knowledge, and collaborating with colleagues as necessary.
- Contribute to and participate in marketing and client service activities including presentations, meetings, and calls with clients, prospects, and consultants.
- The Research Analyst will report to the portfolio manager of the US Small Cap strategy.
3 - 7+ years of experience as a Buy-Side Small Cap Equity Research Analyst at an asset management firm or hedge fund with a strong, fundamental research background. Specifically, candidates should have:
- Demonstrated track record of success with investing in Small Cap companies utilizing a methodology similar to that of the firm.
- A highly developed skill set in developing a view on a company as a result of detailed financial modeling as well as industry and company research.
- An ability to combine a macro / global understanding with fundamental stock-picking that has led to positive performance over market cycles.
- Self-starter with the capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to portfolio managers.
- Team player who will contribute within and across the firm's strategies in a collegial and collaborative investment culture.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Highly motivated to be successful and help build a firm of substance where clients are the priority.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for the investment industry.
- Bachelor's degree required plus a CFA and/or MBA or equivalent.