| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across five continents.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Identify private investor prospects, market the firm's financial services and convert prospects to clients with assets under supervision.
- Partner with senior advisor to assess functions of the business in an effort to identify areas of opportunity to continuously elevate and grow the business, which includes gathering assets, creating a value proposition for marketing, introducing financial planning and portfolio management.
- Develop and service existing client relationships, monitor clients' investment objectives on an ongoing basis, work to win additional available assets under supervision, communicate value of their William Blair relationship.
- Strong understanding of firm's proprietary research as well as other resources. Regular attendance at research meetings, management and corporate finance presentations and growth stock conference for relevance to the existing private client book (as well as new business opportunity pertinent to the book).
- Conduct independent research and analysis on equities, fixed income, mutual funds, and alternative assets.
- Bachelor's degree.
- CFA and CFP preferred.
- 3-5 years sales experience preferred.
- High quality regulatory compliance record.
- Wealth management and financial planning experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products.
- Ability to pass Series 7 and 66 regulatory licensing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products. Portfolio management experience preferred.
- Superior sales, presentation and communication skills with a commitment to satisfying customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high level of self-motivation.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance regulations associated with investment products.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.