| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across five continents.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Identify private investor prospects, market the firm's financial services and convert prospects to clients with assets under supervision.
- Develop and service existing client relationships, monitor clients' investment objectives on an ongoing basis, work to win additional available assets under supervision, communicate value of their William Blair relationship.
- Collect and analyze client information regarding income, assets including investment and debts, determine which financial products best meet needs and financial circumstances, advise regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products. Make recommendations and build suitable portfolios that are consistent with client's objectives and positioned to preserve and enhance client assets. Monitor results and refine strategy as needed. Operate with the highest professional standards putting clients' interests first and in compliance with regulatory and firm requirements.
- Build sound understanding of firm's proprietary research as well as other resources including attending research meetings, management and corporate finance presentations, growth stock conference, Best Practices sessions and departmental meetings.
- Build familiarity with various firm products and services and market them to appropriate prospects and clients.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- MBA desirable.
- 5+ years of prior investment sales and portfolio management experience serving high net worth clients.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required; Series 65 preferred.
- High quality regulatory compliance record.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products; Portfolio management experience preferred.
- Prior sales experience required.
- Superior presentation and communication skills with a commitment to satisfying customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high level of self-motivation and organization.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance regulations associated with investment products.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.