NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Coordinator.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the administrative activities and responsibilities for the Strategy, Planning and Business Development Department. Part of this includes providing administrative coordination and support to Assistant Vice President, Directors, and Assistant Directors of the Strategy, Planning, and Business Development Department and back-up support to the Senior Vice President. Performs both administrative and coordination duties that require considerable experience, skill, discretion, independent critical thinking, and knowledge of complex organization policies and practices.
- Provides administrative coordination and support to the Assistant Vice President of Strategy, Planning, and Business Development, including, but not limited to:
- Full management of calendar, including scheduling of numerous complex projects and initiatives and managing telephone communications to ensure a smooth and productive Department
- Maintains open and clear communication with the AVP regarding the priorities, responsibilities, and considerations that influence the above item
- Supports SPBD Directors and Assistant Directors in a similar, but prioritized fashion to the responsibilities outlined above and below.
- Provides administrative coordination and support to the Senior Vice President of Strategy and Business Development.
- Serves as consistent and reliable coverage providing administrative coordination and support for the Senior Vice President of SPBD and his Executive Assistant, including vacation, emergency and additional coverage as needed for the Executive Assistant.
- Maintains open and clear communication with the Executive Assistant of the Senior Vice President.
- Maintains confidentiality and good judgment in dealing with highly confidential information and materials.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in comparing and evaluating options and approaches to various activities, including possible courses of conduct, and acting or making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Interprets and implements various management policies or operating practices effectively for Department and Departmental Leadership individuals.
- Provides consultation to Departmental Leadership.
- Provides data necessary to support the AVP in developing the Department's annual budget (i.e., non-salary items).
- Gathers, enters and/or updates data to maintain Departmental records and databases as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records.
- Performs work related to various assignments and/or particular segments of the Department that affect the overall business operations of the institution to a significant degree (i.e. mergers, business plans, strategic initiatives, etc.).
- Serves as liaison and face as the primary point of contact for the SPBD Department, including the ability to effectively communicate and interface with Dean/CEO, Executive Leadership, Chairs, the aforementioned groups associated Executive Assistants and Departmental leaders, and other internal/external key stakeholders.
- Other administrative/coordination duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of SPBD directories and emergency contact lists to ensure efficient and accurate communications for the fast-paced work of the team as well as emergency management.
- Management the supply inventory to ensure the needs of the Department are met.
- Management of budget items related to the processing of invoices, POs, and requisitions in support of and in coordination with the AVP.
- Management of the process for the MyTime Timecard system, including coordinating the Department's time-off submissions. Supports the AVP in the assessment and approval of time off across the team.
- Coordination and support for Department meetings.
- Management and coordination of Department's laptops including managing the reservation process, encryption, monitoring the supply vs. demand for laptops, tracking the return of laptops to ensure availability across the Department and unit, serves as a liaison to IT related to the Department's laptops.
- Management of phone call communications. Screens and answers calls as appropriate. Uses discretion regarding interrupting meetings based on knowledge of prioritization with the AVP as needed.
- Prepares and processes travel & expense reports/check requests/petty cash forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be trusted with highly confidential information and materials.
- Comfort, poise, and professionalism in interacting with the Dean's Office, the Offices of the Vice Deans, the Offices of the Chairmen, and other high-profile members of NYU Langone's leadership is required in this role.
- Ability to multi-task and/or coordinate multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities is required.
- Ability to exercise discretion, good independent judgment, critical thinking, and independent thinking in selecting the optimal course of action in regards to departmental projects.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures, and effectively communicate detailed information to a diverse population, both verbally and in writing; excellent problem-solving skills is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Significant energy and drive.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Previous experience administering office operations and support in a healthcare setting preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.