1. Conduct independent research to develop investment recommendations for the fixed income portfolios managed by MFS.
2. Develop internal models and use external research sources to provide perspective on emerging markets within the high yield credit financial market
3. Using research sources such as company literature and financial statements, and various business publications, works independently to structure, develop and communicate investment recommendations.
4. Attends conferences interviews corporate management at all levels, travels to emerging market countries to gather investment ideas and develop investment themes.
5. Acts as the in-house expert on emerging markets regions within the high yield credit industry.
6. Performs additional duties as directed.
1. Masters of Business Administration or CFA charterholder preferred
2. Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience, which should include emerging markets and high yield credit.
3. Working knowledge of various investment vehicles and investments, the international financial market, high yield, global credit, emerging market debt and emerging market corporate debt.
4. Relevant high yield market experience should include experience with bonds and bank loans, and public and private company analysis, as well as a variety of other capital structure analysis skills.
5. Proven ability to work independently and think critically in formulating and assessing investment recommendations.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills for work in a team environment and for interactions with clients.