| The successful candidate will show an ability to deliver high quality research to clearly defined specifications and timeframes. As required, the analyst will be expected to present their own work and research findings, and to share and disseminate technical knowledge with internal and external audiences. |
- The analyst will support senior analysts in their research projects.
- This role includes working with quantitative models, with a particular focus on relative value analysis and portfolio construction and risk measurement for corporate bonds and credit default swaps.
- Run stochastic, financial and economic models, mainly related to credit assets, namely corporate bonds and credit default swaps. Analysis of historical financial and economic time series, developing assumptions for use with our models.
- Provide technical support to senior analysts and to our clients.
- Collaborate with colleagues drawn from Product Management, Development, Production Operations, Sales & Client Support.
Capital Markets Research
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, physics, engineering, mathematics, or statistics.
- Strong Excel/VBA skills. Knowledge of coding languages such as Stata and R would be a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis of financial & econometric time series and familiarity with financial/economic data sources and databases.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.