Since our founding in 1935 during the Great Depression, GTE Financial, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, has evolved into one of the largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa Bay, with $1.5 billion in assets. And while we are proud of our history and our excellent reputation for stability, it gives us equal satisfaction to know that our team members thrive in a collaborative environment that encourages them to share their ideas, opinions and suggestions. It is this mutual respect and give-and-take that have helped GTE Financial become recognized as an employer of choice in our area.
The Loan Processor validates first mortgage loan applications by receiving, reviewing and analyzing documentation submitted by Brokers for the approval of mortgage loans. The Processor will act as the contact point for the Broker and Broker's Processor during the process. The Loan Processor ensures compliance to secondary market requirements, credit union guidelines, and FHA guidelines as applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with current organizational goals and standards.
- Counsels and advises callers on new mortgage loan options and/or required documentation.
- Answers calls when presented and returns voicemail messages same day whenever possible. Follows up with all Brokers according to commitments made.
- Directs the loan to the Underwriters if it does not meet minimum standards or if it is required based on the loan product or situation as defined in the Product Guidelines.
- Communicates lending decisions and advises Brokers of documentation needed to process a request. Keeps Brokers engaged and informed until loan is ready for closing. Follows up after closing to ensure questions are answered and needs are met.
- Retains and enhances mortgage acumen and specifically maintain knowledge of mortgage products and services offered by the credit union. Reinforces the selling points of our loan types, payments, and terms of mortgage products.
- Orders and follows up on vendor orders such as appraisals and flood certifications.
- Ensures disclosures and appraisals are received and loans are denied based on regulatory requirements.
- Uploads valid documentation used to obtain loan approval into Virtual Loan File.
- Knowledgeable in all facets of processing in accordance with guidelines for the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs), credit union portfolio products, mortgage insurance requirements, and FHA regulations.
- Responsible for verifying application data to ensure it is accurate including product type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment by utilizing documentation provided and/or required.
- Validates loan information to include verification of employment, verification of deposit accounts, and all liabilities in order to prepare application for final approval. Clears conditions as appropriate.
- Recommends counter-offers and/or recommends that loans be denied when they do not meet minimum standards.
- Communicates to Brokers any additional documentation required to meet guideline requirements.
- Ensures that all data is accurately displayed in the loan origination system and the resulting findings from the automated underwriting system are in sync.
- Completes calculations as needed for Assets and Income (using W2s, Tax Returns, Paystubs)
- Reviews service orders for accuracy; such as:
- Credit report to determine credit worthiness of applicant based on industry standards for collateral/equity value- questions discrepancies and disputes.
- Homeowner's insurance and flood insurance (if applicable) ensuring mortgagee clause is in favor of credit union and rating is B or better.
- flood certifications and other verifications to prepare file for closing
- title commitment for liens and legal description accuracy
- Completes path tabs in Prime Alliance as shown in the Processing Procedure Manual.
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational goal and production planning.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
Other Job Functions:
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent time management skills.
- Has a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to determine best course of action within a wide array of choices.
- Exhibits professional image.
- Exhibits leadership skills.
- Able to sit, communicate via telephone, type and read a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- May also require standing, stooping and reaching.
- Requires light physical activity performing non strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature as well as periods of prolonged sitting. Requires; extensive typing, filing and writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience or combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of acceptable FNMA/Freddie Mac documentation requirements and calculations desired.
GTE Financial reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
As an employee of GTE Financial, you will have a genuine stake in the success of our company and share in our commitment to exceptional customer service. We offer an award-winning work environment that is fast-paced and innovative.
Employees of GTE Financial also enjoy competitive pay and outstanding benefits that include:
- Vision—no cost to employee
- Long-term and Short-Term Disability
- Optional Cancer, Accident, Critical Illness, and Short Term Disability.
- Basic Life—no cost to employee
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k - will match 100% up to 3%
- Incentive Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 10 Company recognized Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Wellness Center and Wellness Center Manager
- Financial Benefits
Come join us as we look forward to the next 80+ years of growth, achievements and success.
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer,
GTE Financial welcomes and encourages diversity as a vital part of our business strategy.