Responsibilities include participation in due diligence of sub-advisor candidates, bottom-up investment and position performance, deployment of capital that supports TriLinc's risk tolerance and performance mandate, ongoing review of the organization's loan portfolio to identify potential loan losses; oversight of credit practices of sub-advisors; review of credit documentation to ensure compliance with Investment Committee approvals and government regulations; monitor loan portfolio for deterioration in credit quality; ensure internal credit compliance objectives are met.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Participate in overall strategy discussions for TriLinc Global to ensure we meet our goal of becoming a multi-billion dollar investment company.
- Participate in industry discussions and stay current on market research to develop and implement an overall, scalable global sales strategy for TriLinc Global looking forward to the next 10 years.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
Managing TriLinc's Credit Process
- Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the loan review, compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions, including adherence to credit policies and practices of TriLinc Global.
- Manage and oversee the credit platform within TriLinc Global's investment management technology platform, eFront.
- On an ongoing basis, evaluate credit policies within TriLinc Global's investment process and recommend potential changes based upon compliance, loan reviews and other pertinent facts.
- Co-lead TriLinc Global's sub-advisor due diligence process, including evaluation of credit (underwriting, monitoring and position level past performance) and operational processes and capabilities.
- On an ongoing basis, review and monitor credit processes of sub-advisor firms, including possible participation in sub-advisor investment committees.
- Liaise with sub-advisors on an ongoing basis to monitor adherence to sub-advisor stated credit quality standards and provide suggestions for process improvement as needed.
- Serve as a member of the TriLinc Advisors' Investment Committee (IC).
- On an ongoing basis, conduct analysis and make recommendations with regard to TriLinc Global's loan loss reserves.
- For TriLinc's credit funds:
- Responsible for bottom-up investment review and position level performance in support of overall portfolio performance objectives.
- Work with sub-advisors to assess appropriate investment pipeline that meet TriLinc's credit risk and investment return requirements;
- Work with CIO to match sub-advisor pipeline with optimal capital allocation and expected repayments;
- Examine credit files regularly for assurance of credit and collateral documentation, regulatory compliance, and loan policy conformance; review technical exceptions and deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to senior management.
- Report on problem loans and make recommendations to CIO and IC; report on loans meeting non-accrual or charge-off criteria.
- Manage and prepare the bottom up portfolio-wide valuation analysis.
- Provide analyses and recommendations regarding the adequacy of the allowance for loan losses for IC discussion.
- Manage and prepare periodic reports for review by the CIO and IC, including:
- Quarterly Update Memoranda
- Quarterly Valuation Memoranda
- Exception Memoranda
- Investment Memoranda
- Annual Sub-Advisor Review Memoranda
- Various other loan portfolio metrics reports (past due, concentrations of credit, etc.).
- Manage and develop Investment Officers and Analysts with regard to credit analysis and all other bottom-up investment functions.
- Assist the CIO as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year institution, preferably in finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, computer science, engineering, physics or similar quantitative discipline, plus formal commercial credit training or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in economics, finance and/or business administration a plus.
- CRC, CBA/CBF/CCE, CFA professional designation a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience in bank lending, loan review and/or compliance experience, including at least 5 years experience of commercial underwriting and credit analysis in emerging markets/developing economies and at least 3 years of commercial credit decision experience with approval authority on loans greater than $1 million in emerging markets/developing economies.
- Experience in evaluating loan covenants that mitigate credit risks and remedies for exceptions.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Must have strong credit skills, with private credit and Asset Backed Lending (ABL) knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of regression analysis.
- Must have strong technical skills.
- Must have knowledge/ability to use all MS Office Suite products. Must have working knowledge of proprietary or purchased database management programs.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to senior management and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.